The North Northamptonshire Joint Planning Unit (JPU) is responsible for co-ordinating the North Northamptonshire Local Plan and associated documents, including its principal responsibility in preparing the Joint Core Strategy.
Key work includes:
- Co-ordination of the North Northamptonshire Local Plan through the preparation of a single local development scheme
- Preparation of a joint statement of community involvement (adopted in October 2006)
- Co-ordination and preparation of supplementary planning documents on sustainable design and biodiversity
- Co-ordination of technical studies to ensure that planning documents are sound and based on a robust evidence base
- Design and sustainability advice to the partner Local Planning Authorities to ensure that development achieves the highest viable standards of Design and Sustainability
- Co-ordination of the North Northamptonshire Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) with the partner authorities
- Preparation of an Infrastructure Delivery Plan to support the identified growth in the Plans.